Roman Catholicism is not biblical Christianity, not even close. It is Mystery, BABYLON from the book of Revelation and the enemy of very God Himself. If you are Catholic, God is calling YOU to come out of this evil system before it is destroyed. This article is not hate speech, it is the truth, and your very soul depends on what you do with it. I was once enslaved in the Roman system
Pope Pius IX is also known for writing the Roman Catholic doctrine concerning the character and nature of Mary, called the Ineffabilis Deus, published on December 8, 1854, in Rome
If you are a Roman Catholic, you might want to click away right now, because this article will blow your mind. In it, we will prove conclusively that the official teachings of the Roman Catholic church elevate the humble and obedient Mary to a level equal with very God Himself. We will not use our opinions or preconceived notions about what we think the Catholic church teaches, no, but instead use official Vatican doctrine concerning this issue. The doctrine we will look at today is called the dogmatic bull Ineffabilis Deus, of Dec. 8, 1854, declared to be infallible and authored by Pope Pius IX.
“Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” Acts 4:10-12 (KJV)
Today we bring you the story of what is perhaps the most interesting pope of the last 1,700 years since the Roman Catholic church was formed in 313-325 AD by the Roman government. You will meet Pope Pius IX, a colorful character to say the least. Little known ‘fun facts’ about Giovanni Maria Mastai-Ferretti include that for a 35 year period he was the longest serving pope in Catholic history, he convened the First Vatican Council in 1869, and he was the very first pope to be captured with the then new medium of photography. Pretty cool, right? Not content to rest on those laurels (pun intended), Pius would be forever known as the man who officially elevated Mary to the level of the Godhead. This article will prove that.
Pope Pius IX is best known for writing the Roman Catholic doctrine concerning the character and nature of Mary, called the Ineffabilis Deus. Pius made many “infallible” statements about Mary, not the least of which include that she was “born sinless”, that she is seated in Heaven at the “right hand of Jesus”, that she is to be the object of the affections of Catholics, and that she is to be prayed to for guidance, wisdom and for the fulfillment of all the “needs of the faithful”. As if that wasn’t enough, Pius went on to threaten anyone who dared disagree with these statements, saying that they would be kicked out the Catholic Church, would be considered as apostate, and that would face the full “penalties established by law” for their refusal to pray to Mary.
Now we would like to present selected portions of the Ineffabilis Deus, with the quotes of Pope Pius IX unedited, after which we will comment from the biblical position. We also urge you to read the full document in it’s complete context after you are finished with this article. If you are a Catholic who does not pray to and worship Mary, then you are a bad Catholic because that is the official teaching of the Catholic Church.
If you are a Catholic who denies that Catholicism teaches Mary worship, this article will forever prove that position to be untrue. And with that we give you the dogmatic papal bull of Ineffabilis Deus, or the Immaculate Conception of Mary, written in Rome and declared to be official Catholic doctrine and teaching.
Apostolic Constitution of Pope Pius IX on the Immaculate Conception. Given at St. Peter’s in Rome, the eighth day of December, 1854, in the eighth year of our pontificate.
- MARY DECLARED TO BE BORN SINLESS: “The Catholic Church, directed by the Holy Spirit of God, is the pillar and base of truth and has ever held as divinely revealed and as contained in the deposit of heavenly revelation this doctrine concerning the original innocence of the august Virgin — a doctrine which is so perfectly in harmony with her wonderful sanctity and preeminent dignity as Mother of God — and thus has never ceased to explain, to teach and to foster this doctrine age after age in many ways and by solemn acts. From this very doctrine, flourishing and wondrously propagated in the Catholic world through the efforts and zeal of the bishops, was made very clear by the Church when she did not hesitate to present for the public devotion and veneration of the faithful the Feast of the Conception of the Blessed Virgin. By this most significant fact, the Church made it clear indeed that the conception of Mary is to be venerated as something extraordinary, wonderful, eminently holy, and different from the conception of all other human beings — for the Church celebrates only the feast days of the saints.” Not only did Pope Pius declare Mary to be born sinless, he goes on to compound his blasphemy by saying that her birth is different from “all other human beings”. Jesus was born as a human being, was He not?
- CATHOLIC CHURCH COMMANDED TO TEACH THIS DOCTRINE: “These truths, so generally accepted and put into practice by the faithful, indicate how zealously the Roman Church, mother and teacher of all Churches, has continued to teach this doctrine of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin. Yet the more important actions of the Church deserve to be mentioned in detail. For such dignity and authority belong to the Church that she alone is the center of truth and of Catholic unity. It is the Church in which alone religion has been inviolably preserved and from which all other Churches must receive the tradition of the Faith. The same Roman Church, therefore, desired nothing more than by the most persuasive means to state, to protect, to promote and to defend the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception. This fact is most clearly shown to the whole world by numerous and significant acts of the Roman Pontiffs, our predecessors.” Again, here we see that this idea of the “divinity of Mary” was not just theological musings by some of the faithful, but rather deeply entrenched doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church.
- MARY’S BIRTH EQUAL TO THE BIRTH OF JESUS: “The Feast of the Conception should be celebrated in every church with the very same honor as the Feast of the Nativity; that it should be celebrated with an octave by the whole Church; that it should be reverently and generally observed as a holy day of obligation; and that a pontifical Capella should be held in our Liberian pontifical basilica on the day dedicated to the conception of the Virgin. Finally, in their desire to impress this doctrine of the Immaculate Conception of the Mother of God upon the hearts of the faithful, and to intensify the people’s piety and enthusiasm for the homage and the veneration of the Virgin conceived without the stain of original sin, they delighted to grant, with the greatest pleasure, permission to proclaim the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin in the Litany of Loreto, and in the Preface of the Mass, so that the rule of prayer might thus serve to illustrate the rule of belief. Therefore, we ourselves, following the procedure of our predecessors, have not only approved and accepted what had already been established, but bearing in mind, moreover, the decree of Sixtus IV, have confirmed by our authority a proper Office in honor of the Immaculate Conception, and have with exceeding joy extended its use to the universal Church.” Here is where Pope Pius IX begins to really pour it on, declaring that the Roman Catholic Church must honor the birth of Mary with the same reverence as the birth of Jesus. Those are his exact words, and he is only just getting warmed up. But I think anyone with half a brain can see where this is going. Pius says that Mary is sinless, her birth is to be celebrated, and that she alone is the “center of Catholic unity”. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that the RCC has already put her on equal footing with God. But wait…there’s more.
- THEY LIE ABOUT HER PERPETUAL VIRGINITY: “All these things our illustrious predecessor, Alexander VII, summed up in these words: “We have in mind the fact that the Holy Roman Church solemnly celebrated the Feast of the Conception of the undefiled and ever-Virgin Mary, and has long ago appointed for this a special and proper Office according to the pious, devout, and laudable instruction which was given by our predecessor, Sixtus IV. Likewise, we were desirous, after the example of our predecessors, to favor this praiseworthy piety, devotion, feast and veneration — a veneration which is in keeping with the piety unchanged in the Roman Church from the day it was instituted. We also desired to protect this piety and devotion of venerating and extolling the most Blessed Virgin preserved from original sin by the grace of the Holy Spirit.” The bible clearly and plainly shows that Mary had other children, a minimum of 6 to be exact. “Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.” Mark 6:3 (KJV)
- PEOPLE WHO OPPOSE THIS DOCTRINE ARE THREATENED: “And therefore, against all and everyone of those who shall continue to construe the said Constitutions and Decrees in a manner apt to frustrate the favor which is thereby given to the said doctrine, and to the feast and relative veneration, or who shall dare to call into question the said sentence, feast and worship, or in any way whatever, directly or indirectly, shall declare themselves opposed to it under any pretext whatsoever, were it but only to the extent of examining the possibilities of effecting the definition, or who shall comment upon and interpret the Sacred Scripture, or the Fathers or Doctors in connection therewith, or finally, for any reason, or on any occasion, shall dare, either in writing or verbally, to speak, preach, treat, dispute or determine upon, or assert whatsoever against the foregoing matters, or who shall adduce any arguments against them, while leaving them unresolved, or who shall disagree therewith in any other conceivable manner, we hereby declare that in addition to the penalties and censures contained in the Constitutions issued by Sixtus IV to which we want them to be subjected and to which we subject them by the present Constitution, we hereby decree that they be deprived of the authority of preaching, reading in public, that is to say teaching and interpreting; and that they be also deprived ipso facto of the power of voting, either actively or passively, in all elections, without the need for any further declaration; and that also, ipso facto, without any further declaration, they shall incur the penalty of perpetual disability from preaching, reading in public, teaching and interpreting, and that it shall not be possible to absolve them from such penalty, or remove it, save through ourselves, or the Roman Pontiffs who shall succeed us.” Wow, that’s harsh. That’s what Pope Pius IX declared to be the penalty for disagreeing with his doctrine of worshipping Mary, harsh yes, but perfectly in line with the history of the Roman church. After all, who was it that fed Christians to the lions? it was Rome. Who was it that killed Jesus and executed all the apostles except for John? It was Rome. Who was it that killed millions of Christians in the Spanish Inquisition? It was Rome, and to this the bible bears true witness. “And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.” Revelation 17:5,6 (KJV)
- MARY GIVEN THE POSITION OF JESUS CHRIST: “This doctrine so filled the minds and souls of our ancestors in the faith that a singular and truly marvelous style of speech came into vogue among them. They have frequently addressed the Mother of God as immaculate, as immaculate in every respect; innocent, and verily most innocent; spotless, and entirely spotless; holy and removed from every stain of sin; all pure, all stainless, the very model of purity and innocence; more beautiful than beauty, more lovely than loveliness; more holy than holiness, singularly holy and most pure in soul and body; the one who surpassed all integrity and virginity; the only one who has become the dwelling place of all the graces of the most Holy Spirit. God alone excepted, Mary is more excellent than all, and by nature fair and beautiful, and more holy than the Cherubim and Seraphim. To praise her all the tongues of heaven and earth do not suffice.” Now Pope Pius IX is running on all 8 cylinders! Drunk on his false doctrines, he now takes his praise of Mary into the stratosphere. Mary is not just the humble and obedient servant the bible says she is, no that’s not good enough! The RCC now says she is “more holy than holiness”, that she is “sinless perfection” that she is the “dwelling place of the Holy Spirit”, Wow, imagine that! Looks like Jesus is not so special and unique after all, eh? If you are intellectually honest, you can clearly see that Pope Pius is commanded worship of Mary. This is not mere veneration, as is falsely claimed. Only Jesus can possibly meet the standards of perfection set by the RCC for Mary, only Jesus could ever be considered “more holy than holiness”. “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:10,11 (KJV)
- CATHOLICS COMMANDED TO PRAY TO MARY: “Let all the children of the Catholic Church, who are so very dear to us, hear these words of ours. With a still more ardent zeal for piety, religion and love, let them continue to venerate, invoke and pray to the most Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, conceived without original sin. Let them fly with utter confidence to this most sweet Mother of mercy and grace in all dangers, difficulties, needs, doubts and fears. Under her guidance, under her patronage, under her kindness and protection, nothing is to be feared; nothing is hopeless. Because, while bearing toward us a truly motherly affection and having in her care the work of our salvation, she is solicitous about the whole human race. And since she has been appointed by God to be the Queen of heaven and earth, and is exalted above all the choirs of angels and saints, and even stands at the right hand of her only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, she presents our petitions in a most efficacious manner. What she asks, she obtains. Her pleas can never be unheard.” Now we have it all under one roof, for here we read the words of Pope Pius IX in his infallible declaration commanding Catholics to venerate Mary, invoke the name of Mary, and to PRAY TO MARY. Showing for all time that yes, Catholics do pray to Mary because Roman Catholic doctrine commands them to do so.
There is much more that Pope Pius IX had to say on this doctrine, and again we urge you to read the whole document in its complete context. But trust me, it only gets worse. The takeaway that you need to get from all this is that the Ineffable Deus is not “one pope’s opinion”, it is confirmed doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church.
In the interest of full disclosure, I was a Catholic for the first 30 years of my life. I was baptized as a baby, received “first holy communion”, was “confirmed”, spent 3 years as an altar boy in St. Mary’s Church in Pompton Lakes, NJ, and in total was educated in the Catholic school system for 12 long years. Part of our Catholic training was learning how to pray to the Virgin Mary. Statues of Mary were everywhere you looked, we were taught about the many apparitions of Mary around the world, celebrated Mary on May Day, and gave her the top spot in our thoughts and devotions. St. Mary’s school and Roman Catholic Church taught us these things by order of the Vatican. Every other Catholic school or church I ever visited in 30 years did likewise. So with all that being said, why am I constantly hearing Catholics denying that they pray to Mary, when it has been the official teaching and position of the Roman Catholic Church since 1854?
What we have written here is not an “anti-Catholic” article, it is an article that shows you in the very words of Pope Pius IX himself as he declared Mary to be equal to God and to qualify to become the “fourth part” of the Godhead. All popes since 1854 have confirmed the blasphemous words of Pope Pius IX, as you can see on the Vatican website here.
“And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.” Revelation 18:4 (KJV)
Roman Catholicism is not biblical Christianity, not even close. It is Mystery, BABYLON from the book of Revelation and the enemy of very God Himself. If you are Catholic, God is calling YOU to come out of this evil system before it is destroyed. This article is not hate speech, it is the truth, and your very soul depends on what you do with it. I was once enslaved in the Roman system, but God called me out and saved me. He is calling you out, too.
Pope Pius IX Begins The Longest-Ever Reign Of A Catholic Pope
By the 1850s Pius IX had become more conservative, and he began to consolidate the power of the Church. The capture of the Papal States by the Italian Army in 1870, however, led to him declaring himself the ‘Prisoner of the Vatican’.